Ways to challenge a DUI/DWI
- Field sobriety tests are inherently unreliable evidence
- Was the stop legal? (Did reasonable suspicion exist to make a stop to begin with)
- Was the blood test or breathalyzer results accurate and properly performed by a qualified person?
- Does the police dash cam support the officer’s version of events?
- Are there other facts that make the breath test inaccurate, such as cough medicine or a medical condition?
- Do you have witnesses that contradict the officer’s version of events?
An experienced attorney understands how to successfully attack a DUI/DWI charge. For several years, Michael Bruckheim prosecuted DUI/DWI charges for the Office of the Attorney General for the District of Columbia Office. He later returned to supervise the Criminal Section in charge of these prosecutions. Mr. Bruckheim understands how a prosecutor will build a DUI/DWI case against you, and he has the knowledge and experience to fight for you. Mr. Bruckheim is certified to administer field sobriety tests, having received the same training that is offered to and required of police officers. If you have been charged, it is essential that you have experienced, aggressive legal representation.
Click on the following for a summary of DUI/DWI laws:
If you have been charged with a DUI, DWI or OWI, it is urgent that you retain experienced, aggressive legal counsel immediately. Please contact us at 240-753-8222 for a free, immediate consultation.